http://www.makepovertyhistory.org

Saturday, August 05, 2006

To go or not to go (Choice Asia Conference)…

Got a call again from Choice committee to ask to go to Taiwan for the Choice Conference on the 24 Aug to 27 Aug (accomodation & travelling are paid for by Choice). This time was my Jun team lead couple David asking me to go. I think it is a good idea to go and interact with different countries Choice ministry groups. Then again I have sign up for a two day retreat which I want to just have a short break from things on that weekend too.

Had told them that I’ll put this conference as a second priority (same thing goes for the JRS projects) and ask them to get other people. And only when really can’t get other singles then I will consider. And now I guess it has come back to me again…

God what will you do? You know that Choice is close to my heart. Should I take a rest also?

Last night went for dinner with an ex-Choice (inactive) Malaysian presenter Phyllis. Although this is my first time meeting her, she encourage me to go for the Choice conference. Talking to her I found that we had different way how Choice is run in Malaysia and Singapore. That sort of motivates me more to go… Sigh… God are you trying to tell me something here?

And I really do not know why I’m having this Mother Theresa quote floating in my head…
“In this life we cannot do great things. We can only do small things with great love." -- Mother Theresa

Maybe I’ll check with my teammate first … anyone to cover me on those dates…

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yo Brother, if your heart and passion is there in the ministry then go! Why think and think... :-)

August 06, 2006 4:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Han, I'm back from vacation and thought I'd check out your blog. It sounds as if this would an opportunity to see things in another perspective... Jo

August 10, 2006 12:53 PM  
Blogger antonia said...

Hi!!

Thanks for the kind comments you left on my blog for my wedding!

That's a great Mother Theresa quote! How very true!

God Bless,

Antonia
-x-

August 16, 2006 11:26 PM  
Blogger little M said...

brooo!
How's ur Taiwan trip??? =D

September 02, 2006 12:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home