http://www.makepovertyhistory.org

Sunday, June 11, 2006

Trying to write about sex but thinking about…

What’s sex all about?... I have been stuck at this topic for the past two hours. A topic I plan to present in Choice retreat. I can’t really thinking much at the moment… The only thing in my mind now is “How is miss R doing?” and “Will she be feeling better tomorrow?”.

So who is this miss R? R is a friend of mine and it has been quite sometime since I last saw her. And today I met her again at a function and she was not feeling well. And why am I “overly concern” about her? Well the truth is that I’m still having feeling for her. Yes, I had talk to her about having a more than friend type of relationship a long time back. But after we talk about it was clear that it was not the time for us to enter into a relationship and agree to be just friends.

I wish it is easily said and done but I guess it is not so easy for the heart to change… So while having these feelings I need to be aware and be responsible of it.

Recently I was asked “what will you do or tell the girl that you love if you know that you have a week to live?” I thought long and hard and say that “I will tell her that I love her, serenade a love song to her and fill her room with thousand of roses”. And my friend who asked the question said “so why are you not doing it?” I was stun a bit by his reply as there is certain truth in it.

But thinking through again I felt I had to have a responsibility on my action. Yes would have done those action mention and I will tell her that I wanted to let her know my love for her as she will be the last girl that I fall for and that she do not need to return it .

Bring it to my present situation I guess I will have a certain responsibility on our friendship and doing those things will just put unwanted strain and pressure to our friendship.

So coming back to the current topic about sex … so just like feelings we need to be responsible on sex too. So I guess responsibly is one of the value that I’ll touch on in my talk.

Dear God help me in my journey as a guy and as a friend. Guide me in my feelings, guide me in my thoughts and in my actions. I pray that you will take care of miss R and help her to get well soon. I do not know where you will lead me but let my heart beat as one with you.

2 Comments:

Blogger little M said...

whom we will be with eventually, single or family life, work, future...i always thought those are the things that are not decided by us, but by Our Father.
You are a great guy, Albert... and I'm sure God has planned everything well for you too.. =)
Take care, bro!

June 11, 2006 11:05 AM  
Blogger Bravo said...

Melanie,

I wish (right now) I will have a Godly following heart like yours… Giving & letting God take care of all this feelings I have. It is really a challenge to put my human feeling aside and let God lead. I really admire the priest and the married couples being able to let God lead them in their relationship with the church and the other with their spouse.

As I sang for my friend’s sister English German wedding today… the thanksgiving song “Thank You Lord” chorus reminded me again of my human nature struggle with God.

“But it goes against the way I am
to put my human nature down
and let the Spirit take control of all I do.
Cause when those trials come,
my human nature shouts the thing to do;
and God's soft prompting can be easily ignored.”


Will continue to do my best to trust in God and let Him guide & oversee my feelings. Thank you for the encouragement and advice. I wish you too that God will guide you in your walk and life.

June 11, 2006 10:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home