http://www.makepovertyhistory.org

Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Finding peace in God at 3am

I have been trying to sleep for the past 2 hours but felt overwhelm by some of the things that I have been thinking or plan to do for this year… like the recent restructuring of my department, investing to learn and pick on stocks & options trading, revealing to my friend that I’m interested in her…

I download some online short funny video (from
http://www.youtube.com) to watch and hoping it will chase away these thoughts. But it was not effective. So went and flip & reading the bible for some encouragement and peace. Philippians 4 caught my eyes. Below is the Philippians 4:6-9

Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God.
And the peace of God, which surpasses all comprehension, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

Finally, brethren, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is of good repute, if there is any excellence and if anything worthy of praise, dwell on these things.
The things you have learned and received and heard and seen in me, practice these things, and the God of peace will be with you.


Facing uneasiness and risk, I’m reminded again to be calm and trust in Him… whether things will go well at work, whether investing will be good, whether that is the girl that I’m to pursue…

Living by faith is not an easy thing to do. Interestingly, if God made things crystal clear to me (i.e. this is the girl I’m going marry, you lose a lot in stock if you go into it…)… then after knowing them, will my trust in Him be as real as before I know it?

I guess I have to accept this arrangement with Him, and live life moment by moment and trust what he has installed for me as He is love… for now I have to continue my journey in faith and sleep.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home