http://www.makepovertyhistory.org

Monday, January 09, 2006

What is Love? Love is like waiting for bus

Recently I came across the "love is like waiting for bus" story which was posted on a friend’s web bulletin. I guess it was just another light hearting short story. What captures me was the second part where it says:

If you love someone set him/her free.
If he/she comes back to you, you know they're yours.
If they don't then it was never meant to be.


Remember to always say what you mean.
If you love someone, tell.
Don't be afraid to express yourself.
Reach out and tell someone what they mean to you.
Because when you decide that it is the right time, it might be too late. Seize the day.


This is the third time (maybe the fifth time) I’m hearing it. Why is it so?… you might have guessed it… I have been trying to tell a friend that I like her and time and time again I fail telling her that or end up talking about something else (I can’t believe it has been close to a year).

One of my friends said “Can’t you just tell her and get over it?!”… Well easy said then done. It is not like everyday you tell a girl that you like her? (Well maybe husbands and wives do that).

I guess for me wanting to avoid/run away form it is because of fear of rejection and the uncertainty of this “falling” for her feeling, as I believe that feelings may blur the logic and possible of making mistakes. And I would off and on pray and ask God is she the one?... normally there is no reply (I wish he would give a sign at times :-)).

I guess that what one of my friend mention is quite true… “tell her your feeling and never regret whatever the result … Nothing wrong with your feeling. You won't know if you never try…. You know, we learn about risk in relationship. If we want to belong then take the risk.”

I guess I have to look at the big picture and get the proper focus. I guess that in life there will risk for me to face and that I must have faith in God to take that step whatever the outcome is. Be it good or bad I have to give thanks to Him. He has His reason and purpose for everything (which I might not see it now). He has seen me through 29 years on earth what more on this matter? Avoid running and tell… I will.

“Abide in me, and I in you” (Jn 15:4)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home