http://www.makepovertyhistory.org

Thursday, May 04, 2006

Easter Art drawing competition... got 2nd prize!


Got a call two weeks back from one of the youth group (Maranatha Prayer Ministry) telling me that I had won the 2nd prize in the Easter Art drawing competition adult category. It was a total surprise to me. I felt the drawing I did was quite not up to the standard that I had (years back) did.



I guess it started has been a sudden feeling to just draw something and see how it goes when I saw the competition. It has been ages since I last drew anything. So decide to do something simple. Drew a guy kneeling and trying to reach God (that what felt at that time… trying to be with God). And I want to show the suffering that Jesus and we has to experience, thus the thorns came in mind… and I center it cutting at the center of the drawing. The left side of the drawing is ‘light’, where you get things that will help you grow closer and be more Jesus like. And on the right side is the ‘dark’ side, where you get things that take you… or distance you from God. As a human was stuck between these two sides.

Was happy to collect the 2nd prize last Sunday and it was a $30 voucher from CapitaLand… which allow me to use it at any of their CapitaLand malls. Had plan to use it to give a small treat to my Choice friends that I’ll meeting later… but turn out they could not make it. I guess I will keep it for another day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home